(You may copy this form and print this and mail)
Davis Musical Theatre Company
Summer Youth Workshop
Introduction to Musical Theatre
2017 Summer Youth Workshop
Order Workshop online
Beginning Monday July 3, 2017, the Davis Musical Theatre Company will be holding its annual Summer Youth Theater Workshop for students age 7-17. The Workshop will be taught by Jan Isaacson and Helen Spangler. The students will learn the basics of acting, singing, dance steps, vocal projection and other basic performing skills through theater games, improvisation and beginning scene study. The workshop will culminate into a recital of songs and scenes. The free workshop recital will be Monday July 31, 2017 at 7:00pm.
Workshop will be taught 1 pm – 3pm on the following dates:
Monday, July 3
(No Workshop this day) Tuesday July 4
Wednesday, July 5
Thursday, July 6
Monday, July 10
Tuesday, July 11
Wednesday, July 12
Thursday, July 13
Monday, July 17
Tuesday, July 18
Wednesday, July 19
Thursday, July 20
Monday, July 24
Tuesday, July 25
Wednesday, July 26
Thursday, July 27
Recital, Monday, July 31 at 7pm
The cost of the workshop will be $175 per student.
(Clip & mail)
Yes, please enroll my child(ren) in the DMTC/YPT 2017 Summer Youth Musical Theater Workshop!
Number of Student(s)_____ x $175 for a total of = $ _______
City:_______________________________ State: CA Zip:______________
Phone (Day):__________________________ Phone (eve): ________________
CVV2 (3-digit code on back of MC/Visa/Disc or 4-digit code on front of AMEX) ____________________
When mailing you may enclose a check or money order or use the credit card info above
Please send to:
DMTC/YPT, 2017 Summer Youth Workshop, 607 Pena Drive #10, Davis, CA 95618
At the Jean Henderson Performing Arts Center, 607 Pena Drive, Davis
The magical tale about a boy who refuses to grow up. Peter Pan and his mischievous fairy sidekick Tinkerbell visit the nursery of Wendy, Michael, and John Darling. With a sprinkling of pixie dust, Peter and his new friends fly out the nursery window and over London to Never-Never Land. The children experience many wonderful and exciting adventures with the Lost Boys, Tiger Lily's Indian tribe, and Peter's arch enemy, the dastardly pirate Captain Hook.
Recommended for the whole family
When James is sent by his conniving aunts to chop down their old fruit tree, he discovers a magic potion that results in a tremendous peach... and launches a journey of enormous proportions. Suddenly, James finds himself in the center of the gigantic peach – among human-sized insects with equally oversized personalities – but, after it falls from the tree and rolls into the ocean, the group faces hunger, sharks and plenty of disagreements. Thanks to James' quick wit and creative thinking, the residents learn to live and work together as a family. Featuring a wickedly tuneful score and a witty and charming book, this adventurous musical about courage and self-discovery is destined to be a classic.
Recommended for the whole family
DMTC's Young Performers Theatre Applications to Direct for 2017-2018 Season
Davis Musical Theatre Company's Young Performers Theatre (“YPT”) is now accepting proposals from potential directors for its 2017-2018 season. We have openings for two of our four timeslots (see below) for the next season. The deadline for submitting proposals is April 30, 2017. Please note that this is a non-paid position.
Two of the four following show timeslots are open for our 2017-2018 Young Performers Theatre Season. This will be on a first-come, first-served basis once directors are selected, so please indicate the order of your timeslot preference--or whether you are unable to direct in a particular timeslot[s]--in your proposal:
● 1st timeslot: Auditions: End of July/Beginning of August. Rehearsals: Begin Monday following auditions and continue Mon thru Thurs, 4:30 to 6:30 pm, until opening in mid- September, with school matinees on a weekday during the middle of the show run, and show closing in mid-October. Shows: They run over four weekends: the first three Saturdays at 2:00 pm, and on Friday night at 7:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday afternoon at 2:00 pm on the final weekend.
● 2nd timeslot: Auditions: Mid-September. Rehearsals: Begin Monday following auditions and continue Mon thru Thurs, 4:30 to 6:30 pm, until opening in mid-November, with school matinees on a weekday during the middle of the show run, and show closing in early December. Shows: They run over four weekends: the first three Saturdays at 2:00 pm, and on Friday night at 7:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday afternoon at 2:00 pm on the final weekend.
● 3rd timeslot: Auditions: Mid-January. Rehearsals: Begin Monday following auditions and continue Mon thru Thurs, 4:30 to 6:30 pm, until opening in early March with school matinees on a weekday during the middle of the show run, and show closing at the end of March. Shows: They run over four weekends: the first three Saturdays at 2:00 pm, and on Friday night at 7:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday afternoon at 2:00 pm on the final weekend.
● 4th timeslot: Auditions: Mid-March. Rehearsals: Begin Monday following auditions and continue Mon thru Thurs, 4:30 to 6:30 pm, until opening in early May with school matinees on a weekday during the middle of the show run, and show closing at the end of May. Shows: They run over four weekends: the first three Saturdays at 2:00 pm, and on Friday night at 7:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday afternoon at 2:00 pm on the final weekend.
When you submit your proposal, you may propose a show that you would like to direct, or you may choose from a list of acceptable shows that have already been vetted by the YPT. Current selections include:
Musical Adventures of Flat Stanley (MTI)
Magic Treehouse (MTI) – propose three 30 minute shorts
Kingdom of Grimm (Dramatic Publishing)
Please know that your choice is not limited to this list. Please feel free to propose your own idea for a show that is not on this list.
The criteria for potential DMTC YPT directors include:
● successful experience as a director, and/or
● successful and substantial experience in one or more significant production jobs (e.g. stage manager, costumer, choreographer, music director, set designer, or prop team leader)
● demonstrated experience working positively with young people is strongly preferred
The criteria for proposing shows for DMTC’s YPT (i.e. not on our current list) include:
● must be a known, sellable, show title that has the potential to be popular and attract a significant audience in our target age group/s (elementary-aged kids, adolescents, and families)
● show should not have been performed by DMTC’s YPT during the past 4-5 seasons (refer to list)
● must not be too expensive, too labor intensive, or contain technical elements that would create a hardship for the YPT production team to accomplish
How To Apply to Direct a DMTC YPT Show and How To Propose a Show Selection
1. Please submit the following information to apply/propose to direct a YPT show at DMTC:
● a resume and/or summary that includes the following:
❖ your contact information (name, address, email and phone number)
❖ a listing and description of all, if any, directorial experience
❖ a description of all theatre experience (on or off stage, pre-production and/or production experience, etc.)
❖ detailed information (e.g. a summary) of any relevant experience you have working with youth between the ages of 7 and 17
❖ references of 2-3 individuals who can speak to your experience (volunteer or otherwise) in working with youth between the ages of 7 and 17
2. Please submit the following information if you plan to submit a proposal for a show not included on our YPT show list:
● a short description of your idea/vision for a show proposal, or a description of which show/s from our YPT list are of interest to you
● your vision description should include some information about how you would envision sets, costumes, lights, choreography, character development, etc., or other relevant data to the production, and your preliminary plans for implementing these
● a production/rehearsal timeline--in particular, this should include any requested deviation from our usual time schedule (outlined above under "timeslot" information)
● a short description of your successful experience bringing in audiences and/or your ideas for getting seats filled for your show
3. If you have been a director, please quantify/describe how well the show(s) you produced sold. What did you do to creatively market your show(s) or add special interest that would attract an audience? What would you do to creatively market and/or provide a special interest in the show you are proposing?
4. If you have never directed before, what specific idea(s) do you plan on implementing outside of what DMTC already does to market your show and/or add a special interest that would attract an audience?
5. All submissions/proposals must be submitted by April 30, 2017. You may email:
Jan Isaacson, Producer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidi Johnson, YPT Chair: email@example.com
Printed proposals may also be mailed or hand-delivered to:
DMTC, 607 Pena Drive #10, Davis, CA 95618
All applicants will be notified in mid-April about final decisions for the season. In the meantime, the YPT Producer may contact you to discuss your application and/or your show proposal. All Directors for DMTC are required to read our YPT Director materials, including Director-Producer Interface documents and become familiar with DMTC’s YPT policies and practices, and observe these policies and practices throughout the production.
Please feel free to direct any questions directly to Jan Isaacson at the email address above.
Thank you for your interest in DMTC’s Young Performers Theatre.
YOU CAN SCHEDULE YOUR DONATION TO DMTC STARTING APRIL 14, 2017!!!
On May 4, 2017 Davis Musical Theatre Company will be participating in its fourth annual Big Day of Giving, a 24-hour fundraiser.
Big day of Giving 2017 is administrated by the Yolo Community Foundation, Sacramento Region Community Foundation, and Placer Community Foundation. Big Day of Giving is an online give-a-thon event. It runs from midnight on May 4th to 11:59pm that night.
To participate, visit dmtc.org on the day of the event to make a donation remotely or join DMTC for all day events and on-location donating.
DMTC's Big Day of Giving festival will include all-day tours, fun-filled events, and various musical performances.
All donations to DMTC are matched on a pro-rated basis by the event organizers!
DMTC is a non-profit organization and Northern California's longest-running, year-round, amateur musical theater company. DMTC produces six Main Stage musicals and five Young Performers Theatre (YPT) musicals each year. In total, DMTC presents more than one hundred performances each year.
You can also set up recurring donations to DMTC!!! Thank you in advance!!!
MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!!!